Saturday, September 5, 2020

This Author Loves That! : Marketing a Picture Book


 When I first started thinking of writing as a profession, I was unaware how many hats we have to wear. We write, sure. But then we edit, critique, cheerlead, market, sell, teach, and more I can't even think of now.


With my latest picture book, This Cat Loves That! : A Cat Book for Kids, I stepped out of my comfort zone and rhymed and had to work my text around photos rather than having illustrations work around my text. 

This book is geared for preschoolers and young readers. It is full of sight words and cute cats. The best part; when thinking of how to market this book I thought of cats of course!


A fun photo shoot with a local shelter gave me tons of laughs as this little tabby with the cute boots loved riding on my shoulders (I should have gotten a photo of that!) and my shoelaces were attacked frequently by a speedy grey. An older black cat happily followed the kittens and looked for chin scratches as I shot a laser pointer at my book repeatedly.




The great part is cats are curious. All I had to do was set the book down and they all came to sniff, bat, and bite this new toy.




There were so many sweet and affectionate cats it was hard not to bring one home. Though I don't think my cranky old tuxedo cat would have appreciated it very much. At nearly twenty we let him rule the roost.


If you are a writer or illustrator, teacher or librarian, it is great fun to find the subjects of your books in real life if you are able. They really bring the books to life, especially for the readers who are more visual learners. You may realize that you love marketing and photography too.

So enjoy these cute kittens and if you are interested in this fun cat book click here. If you are thinking about a way to help out your community and local animals, please check out your local shelter, SPCA, or rescue groups. A simple donation of trash bags, cat litter, cleaning products, toys made by the kids, and food are a small way you can make a big difference. Who knows, you may even find a furry new family member.



Put cute cats to the test and find out what they love best!―an early-learning book for toddlers and preschoolers

If you’ve been looking for cat books for kids, you’ll love This Cat Loves That!, a fun rhyming story filled with tons of cute and colorful cat photos that will help your little one learn about their feline friends. Your child will delight in discovering what cats love, as well as some stuff they don’t. Of all the cat books for kids, this one is the purr-fect introduction to one of their favorite animals!

This standout among cat books for kids includes:

  • Photos of different cat breeds and ages
  • A narrative designed to engage toddlers and pre-K kids
  • Basic fun facts about cats

When it comes to cat books for kids, this one is the cat’s pajamas!


No comments:

Post a Comment