My Writing Successes of 2014
- 12x12 challenge
- 23 manuscripts completed. (and 6 of them are great! IMHO)
- I had multiple agents ask for more work and tons of personal feedback from agents and editors.
- I joined a local Critique Group and they ROCK!
- I became more disciplined about my craft.
- Attended 5 webinars.
- Took 2 college courses.
- Attended 2 conferences.
- Did my first two author visits (those kids were so welcoming and eager).
- Created my own writing space that is just for me.
- And a partridge in a pear tree.... no wait that one didn't happen
- PiBoIdMo Winner.
- Received a 4 on Rate My Story.
- Adopted a stray puppy from the shelter who inspired 3 stories.
So as Julie Hedlund suggested, my writing resolution is to build on my successes and not focus on what I didn't do. So I challenge you writers: Make a list of every success for 2014. Really think about it because I had a lot more than I thought. Look at it. Be proud of yourself. Enter 2015 on a positive note of light and optimism.
May 2015 be even greater.